It is already apparent the BBC are going soft on the Conservative/Mrs May manifesto.
- No in depth questioning on what the level of means testing for winter fuel allowance.
- No in depth grilling on why they’ve basically ditched the Dillnot report on social care funding.
- No in depth attack over seven years of failed immigration pledges.
- No mocking of the immigration job tax for those needing employees outside the EU (coz we were supposed to be welcoming these!)
- No constant questioning as to why students are being included in immigration cap no numbers and promises
- no dissenting voices over the cuts to pensions.
- hardly a whimper about cutting free infant lunches.
- nothing about there being not one single costing in the manifesto whatsoever!!!
Nope. Instead, were hearing a lot about “difficult decisions”, “balancing acts”, “keeping brexit voters happy”, “being bold” and so on.
A little different to how the reporting and interviewing around Labour’s manifesto was conducted.
But then, I’m told I’m just a paranoid lefty for expecting even handed and impartiality from the BBC and media.