Not to be confused with the playwright, or indeed any other you may come across on Google. (Such as: Alcoholics, trading standards, boat builders, critic and co-editor of The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction, lead singer with the bands IQ and Niadem’s Ghost, also an album cover artist and a New Zealand tennis player of the 1950s…. they are not me!)
- I have been volunteer station manager for two internet Student and Community radio stations, called ‘One Media Radio’ and ‘Cre8 Radio’, based at Staffordshire University.
- I have presented a weekly radio show called the ‘Student Advice Surgery’, which is also available as a podcast. Since I started this, it has had over 8000 downloads (April 2012).
- I will do voice overs.
- I am a musician, singer and composer.
- I make films, do camera and lighting.
- I can do sound engineering and training.
- Web-design and web-hosting.
- And I also am a qualified teacher.
I have experience in these areas: Camera/lighting/photography, Directing, Sound Engineering, audio editing, sound design, composing, presenting, and technical and electronic aspects of radio studios. I have produced some shows in my capacity as station manager. I am also proficient in audio and video editing and post production.
I am also able to write scripts [I wrote imaging scripts for One Media Radio that were voiced by Peter Dickson, voiceover to e4 and X Factor], website and promotional copy.
I have experience in print and web [graphic] design, web programming and development.
My teaching qualification and experience make me an ideal trainer, and I have prepared many courses and session for various groups and organisations.
Roles and Achievements:
- Work experience at ‘BBC Radio 1’, October 2011.
- Four years involvement as presenter and producer at the community RSL radio station ‘Cre8 Radio FM’, since 2009.
- Technical Manager at ‘One Media Radio’, 2010-2011.
- Station Manager at ‘One Media Radio’, 2009-2010.
- Primary School Teacher (Music Coordinator): 2003 – 2006.
- Pheasey Park Farm Primary School, Walsall.
- I have also freelanced in many areas of production, video, sound engineering and training, website development and design.
- I have worked as a consultant to companies and businesses on how to improve their business models, strategies and online effectiveness.
- I have also freelanced as a musician and composer.
- I have recording studio experience, from very a tight budget to quite lavish production.
- Various part time jobs, including sales work.
- I have also worked as a Youth Worker, working with young people helping to motivate and support them.
- In 2001 I spent three months working in Australia as a music coordinator and youth worker at a Church in Bendigo, Victoria.
Staffordshire University (2006 – Current)
B.A. Hons. Media Production (part time)
U.C.E. [now BCU] (2003)
PGCE Secondary Music Education
Birmingham Conservatoire (U.C.E.) [now BCU] (1999)
B.Mus. Hons. Music
Great Barr Secondary School and Sixth Form (1987 – 1994)
A levels / GCSEs
- Music (B)
- General Studies (D)
- Statistics (E)
- 7 GCSE’s of C and above.
- Film, television and radio
- Technology and computing
- Music (playing, composing and singing)
- I am an inquisitive person by nature and always wanting to learn and develop new skills.
References available on request.
Qualifications and CERTIFICATION
- Qualified Teaching Status, Primary and Secondary (KS 3 – 5).
- CRB Checked.
- PGCE Secondary Educations (Music).
- B. Mus (hons) Music.
- Life time (composer) member of MCPS / PRS.
- Currently studying B.A. (hons) Media Production at Staffordshire University.